As they say, life is not always easy, and there will be times when you will face challenges that will test who you are as a person. Sometimes, these challenges will break you and question if the fight is still worth it.
The answer is yes, but it will require your perseverance to take risks and succeed.
The following quotes you will read aim to encourage you to continue and try again and again and never give up until you reach your goals.
- “Problems are not stop signs; they are guidelines.” – Robert Schuller
- “I always tell my kids if you lay down, people will step over you. But if you keep scrambling, someone will always give you a hand if you keep going. Always. But you gotta keep dancing, you gotta keep your feet moving.” – Morgan Freeman
- “Believe in yourself and all that you are, know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
- “If you want to eat, keep climbing. The fruits are on the top of the tree. Stretch your hands and keep stretching them. Success is on the top, keep going.” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “You just do it. You force yourself to get up. You force yourself to put one foot before the other, and you refuse to let it get to you. You fight. You cry. You curse. Then you go about the business of living. That’s how I’ve done it. There’s no other way.” – Elizabeth Taylor
- “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” – Arianna Huffington
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The surest way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison
- “If something is important enough, even if the odds stacked against you, you should still do it.” – Elon Musk
Humans are not born perfect; we tend to make mistakes and regret things we did and did not do. It does not mean you should give up; you try again and again because failure is not our end goal.
Remember, your capabilities are endless when you decide to embrace where you went wrong and bounce back, and hopefully, these quotes help you know that.
- “My attitude has always been, if you fall flat on your face, at least you’re moving forward. All you have to do is get back up and try again.” – Richard Branson
- “At the end of your life, what you will regret the most is not the mistakes that you made – what you will regret the most are the things that you never tried.”- Moffat Machingura
- “Try. The tiniest dream that you try to make happen is worth more than the biggest dream you never attempt.”- Shane L. Koyczan
- “Determination gives you the resolve to keep going despite the roadblocks that lay before you.”- Denis Waitley
- “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of, ‘Wow, I’m not sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” – Marissa Mayer
- “It’s been one of those years where you just try to keep going and learn what you need to do to make yourself better. You just have to keep going.” – Kyle Busch
- “Most of the important things accomplished in the world are by people who kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
- “It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down. All that matters is you get up one more time than you were knocked down.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
- “You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up, but you don’t give up.” – Chuck Yeager
- “There are five important things for living a successful and fulfilling life: never stop dreaming, never stop believing, never give up, never stop trying, and never stop learning.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Don’t do it! Don’t you dare think about giving up! EVERYTHING has a process. Work with the process, not against it. Move forward with purpose and never stop believing. You can do this! You know you can.” – Stephanie Lahart
- “Try again; you have millions of alternatives. Fill yourself with the bullets of hope and you will kill failure with one shot.” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “Neither fortune, nor opportunity, nor ancestry, nor wealth – nothing determines your destiny – there is only one question that determines your destiny – will you give up after coming all this way?”- Abhijit Naskar
- “When you give up on life, never give up on yourself, because there is so much for you to keep on giving!” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on to something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever struggling on something sitting down.” – Charles F. Kettering
- “There are always two risks. There’s the risk of not trying something new, and there’s the risk of not trying it. Either way, there’s a risk. And sometimes stepping out and trying something new is the less risky thing to do.”- Rob Bell
- “The one who falls and gets up is stronger than the one who never tried. Do not fear failure but rather fear not trying.”- Roy T. Bennett
- “Each mistake teaches you something new about yourself. There is no failure, remember, except in no longer trying. It is the courage to continue that counts.”- Chris Bradford
- “Never give up. It’s like breathing—once you quit, your flame dies, letting total darkness extinguish every last gasp of hope. You can’t do that. You must continue taking in even the shallowest of breaths, continue putting forth even the smallest of efforts to sustain your dreams. Don’t ever, ever, ever give up.”- Richelle E. Goodrich
- “It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Trying is art even when you try and fail every time you get up and keep going. When you stop dreaming and fight for what you want and what is necessary, that’s when the real change and growth begins.”- Keah Brown
- “It is okay to alter your original plans. To try means to learn. To learn means to grow. To grow means to change.”- Richelle E. Goodrich
- “There is only try and try again until you can persuade the world to work according to your new plan for it. Everything has a mind of its own and follows the laws it already understands.” – Orson Scott Card
- “There’s a big difference between trying and losing and losing without trying, so losing when you always try a good option.”- Anuj Jasani
I hope that the quotes above give you the courage to try again and never give up. Like the Irish novelist Samuel Beckett said:
“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” – Samuel Beckett
Samuel Beckett studied French, Italian, and English at Trinity College. It was there that he was introduced to James Joyce which lead him to the field of writing and enjoyed minor success after his education.
He later returned to his alma mater to teach but experienced some failure and left his short tenure in the pursuit of success outside academia.
I added Samuel Beckett’s quote as a mantra of sorts. You see, Samuel Beckett worked hard in the field of writing. He was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1969, but he could have just as easily been an artistic failure.
You must choose to remain resilient, and prove that no matter what you are going through, the determination to continue is in your hands at the end of the day.
By reading through these words you can resolve to not have a fear of failure. I hope you realize that you become your worst enemy when you give up without trying again and again.
When you don’t try again and again you deprive yourself of who knows hundreds of chances of future success, and trust me, you will regret it all your life, so work on the opposite, never give up.