As the founder of Isha Foundation, Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev is a renowned Indian guru and yogi. Besides his blue jeans, he feels at home in his loincloth. He’s most at peace when strolling around barefoot in the Himalayas or reveling in a long ride on his motorcycle. That tells you he’s not your typical spiritual and mystical leader.
He doesn’t abide by the generic customs and rituals. Using yogi arts to empower contemporary lifestyles, there’s no denying that he’s touched the lives of many people across the globe, elevating their spiritual, mental, and physical wellbeing. In this article, I want to share the best positive thinking Sadhguru quotes that I feel will inspire you.
Commonly known as Sadhguru, Jaggi Vasudev was born on 3rd September 1957 in Karnataka. While his father worked as an ophthalmologist for the Indian Railways, his mother was a housewife.
As a result of his father’s profession, the family traveled a lot in his childhood. At the age of 12, he met a famous yogi Raghavendra Swamiji who showed him the ropes of yoga asanas. He then practiced what he learned consistently until it became a profound experience.
Once he graduated from Mysore University with a Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature, he became a jack of all trades. He ventured into the construction industry and poultry farming before using his father’s insurance. He became successful in each endeavor which undoubtedly led to a tremendous feeling of gratification.
Discovering His Spirituality
Sadhguru lacked interest in the traditional forms of education in his childhood. It’s, therefore, not surprising that as he grew up, he yearned to be closer to God. Only when he turned 25 did he begin pursuing his spiritual journey. He began skipping classes to spend more time in nature. Resultantly, he gravitated more towards trees, particularly how they swayed. Through that, he discovered meditation.
In 1982, he embarked on a hike up Chamundi Hill to become more centered with nature. He sat on a rock and turned inwards, where he described the magical experience as a dimensional shift. He began to understand life on a deeper level. He became transformed in his outward outlook on life.
A few weeks later, he left his business and traveled more to gain more insight. A year later, he chose to share his experience and organized his first yoga class that had seven students. From Mysore, his practice gained traction across Karnataka and Hyderabad. He would commute from one yoga class to the next on his motorcycle.
He lived off his proceeds from his poultry farm as he chose not to charge students to attend his yoga classes. Instead, he’d request students donate to their preferred charity on the last day of their program.
Discovering his uncanny ability to transform lives, Sadhguru started the Isha Foundation in 1993. To date, it’s a renowned, non-profit, and non-religious organization that volunteers solely run.
Shortly after he founded this foundation, he started having yoga classes at the Isha Yoga Center, targeted towards corporate managers. He helps them embrace more compassion towards their employees, paving the way for them to establish a culture of inclusion in the present economic dynamic.
Isha Foundation supports a multitude of community and social development programs. It established a multi-phased initiative known as ARR, an acronym for Action for Rural Rejuvenation geared towards improving the quality of life in South India’s poorest industries. Furthermore, it founded Project Green Hands, aiming to elevate forest coverage in Tamil Nadu.
Achievements and Awards
As a spiritual leader and public figure, Sadhguru lures people in droves for group meditation (hundreds of thousands). Throughout the years, his influence has spread across the globe. He advocates for diplomacy, education, economic advancement, environmental protection and speaks at leadership forums. It’s not surprising his programs are now available worldwide, for instance, in Nepal, the US, China, Singapore, Australia, and Canada.
Recognized for his efforts, Sadhguru was awarded at the Gandhi Puraskar ceremony and acknowledged by the Indian Government in 2010. Moreover, he was voted as one of the country’s most influential people in 2012 due to his ecological initiatives.
Positive Thinking Quotes by Sadghuru Jaggi Vasudev
Besides the awards he’s received over the years, there’s no denying that Sadhguru has helped a multitude of people across the globe unlock their potential through his one-of-a-kind meditation techniques and positive thoughts.
He’s a visionary of the modern era, so he sees no barrier in the quest for divinity while responding to everyday life responsibilities and obligations. Without further ado, we’ve rounded up Positive Thinking Sadhguru Quotes to read every day and achieve inner wellbeing and a positive attitude in your daily life while dispelling negative thoughts.
- “The sign of intelligence is that you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life.”
- “The most beautiful moments in life are moments when you are expressing your joy, not when you are seeking it.”
- “If you ask a tree how he feels to know that he’s spreading his fragrance and making people happy, I don’t think a tree looks at it that way. I am just like that, and it is my nature to be like this.”
- “If you resist change, you resist life.”
- “When pain, misery, or anger happen, it is time to look within you, not around you.”
- “Too many people are hungry not because there is dearth of food. It is because there is dearth of love and care in human hearts.”
- “The fear is simply because you are not living with life. You are living in your mind.”
- “Every moment, there are a million miracles happening around you: a flower blossoming, a bird tweeting, a bee humming, a raindrop falling, a snowflake wafting along the clear evening air. There is magic everywhere. If you learn how to live it, life is nothing short of a daily miracle.”
- “The planet is spinning on time: not a small event. All the galaxies are managing fine; the whole cosmos is doing great. But you have one nasty little thought crawling through your head, and it is a bad day! The problem is you are living in a psychological space that bears no connection with reality. And you are insecure because it can collapse at any moment.”
- “Love is your quality. Love is not what you do. Love is what you are.”
- “Krishna says in the Gita, “The worst crime in the world is indecision.”
- “There are many ways to understand this. One simple way to know this is: today, if you lose your mental peace totally, you will go to a doctor. He will give you a pill. If you take this pill, your system will become peaceful. Maybe this will last just for a few hours, but you become peaceful. This pill is just a little bit of chemicals. These chemicals enter your system and make you peaceful. Or in other words, what you call peace is a certain kind of chemistry within you. Similarly, what you call joy, what you call love, what you call suffering, what you call misery, what you call fear, every human experience that you go through, has a chemical basis within you. Now the spiritual process is just to create the right kind of chemistry, where you are naturally peaceful, naturally joyous. When you are joyous by your own nature, when you don’t have to do anything to be happy, then the very dimension of your life, the very way you perceive and express yourself in the world will change. The very way you experience your life will change.”
- “If you think you are big, you become small. If you know you are nothing, you become unlimited. That’s the beauty of being a human being.”
- “I am not talking about you being a spectator, I am talking about involvement. I am talking about involving yourself into life in such a way that you dissolve into it.”
- “People have fallen in love with words and lost the world. It’s time to regain it.”
- “Sex in the body is fine. Money in the wallet is fine. It is only a problem when they enter your mind.”
- “Everything that ever happened to you, you experienced right within you. Light and darkness, pain and pleasure, agony and ecstasy—all of it happened within you. If someone touches your hand right now, you may think you are experiencing their hand, but the fact of the matter is you are only experiencing the sensations in your own hand. The whole experience is contained within. All human experience is one hundred percent self-created.”
- “Learning to listen is the essence of intelligent living.”
- “If you want to become life sensitive, a simple process that you do is this: make whatever you think and whatever you feel less important. Try and see for one day. Suddenly you will feel the breeze, the rain, the flowers and the people, everything in a completely different way. Suddenly the life in you becomes much more active and alive for your experience.”
- “When I say spiritual, I am talking about you beginning to experience that which is not physical. Once this spiritual dimension is alive, once you start experiencing yourself beyond the limitations of the physical and the mental, only then there’s no such thing as fear. Fear is just the creation of an overactive and out-of-control mind.”
- “Do you understand? Man needs entertainment simply to hide his madness. If he was perfectly sane, he would not need entertainment. He could just sit and watch this bamboo grow. He does not really need entertainment.”
- “The whole effort of the spiritual process is to break the boundaries you have drawn for yourself and experience the immensity that you are. The aim is to unshackle yourself from the limited identity you have forged, as a result of your own ignorance, and live the way the Creator made you—utterly blissful and infinitely responsible.”
- “If you think hundred percent logically, there is really no possibility of life.”
- “You have too much social influence upon you. You are not going by your own nature. People do so many nonsensical life-negative things because they don’t want to be left out of the scene around them.”
- “There is so much adventure that only a youth can experience. Youth is not the time to languish in pleasure – youth is the time for exploration and adventure.”
- “If your body goes in search of a relationship, we call this sexuality. If your mind goes in search of relationships, we call this companionship. If your emotion goes in search of relationships, we call this love. If your energies go in search of relationship, we call this yoga.”
- “The more you try to be special, the more you get hurt. Just be, just melt and become part of the wind around you, the earth around you, become a part of everything. You’re here only for a while. At least when you’re in a place like this, where nobody is going to trample on you, let your defenses down.”
- “The quality of your life depends on how well you manage your body, your mind, your emotion, your situations, your home, your communities, nations, your life, and the world.”
- “Mind is not in any one place. Every cell in this body has its own intelligence. The brain is sitting in your head, but mind is all over the place.”
- “A human is not a being; he is a becoming. He is an ongoing process – a possibility. For this possibility to be made use of, there is a whole system of understanding the mechanics of how this life functions and what we can do with it, which we refer to as yoga.”
- “The only thing that stands between you and your wellbeing is a simple fact: you have allowed your thoughts and emotions to take instruction from the outside rather than the inside.”