We all experience moments when it feels like we’re inadequate in some way, and that’s okay. However, it is never okay to define your entire existence by a momentary feeling.
You are enough as a human being, regardless of your flaws and shortcomings!
Whenever situations, thoughts, or someone tries to suggest otherwise, let these I am enough quotes remind you of who you truly are and your beautiful life.
I Am Enough Quotes to Help You Accept Your Completeness
For many people, believing that others are enough is a lot easier than accepting their own completeness and “enoughness.”
That’s because they are standing too close to the mirror, so all they see are blemishes and imperfections. Back up a few paces and see the bigger picture and the greatest thing― the amazing human being you are!
And if taking a few steps back from life’s mirror seems like an uphill climb in your current situation, here are a few amazing quotes and affirmations that might help you discover some self love and happiness.
- “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.” – Maya Angelou
- “You are enough, just as you are. Each emotion you feel, everything in your life, everything you do or do not do… where you are and who you are right now is enough. It is perfect. You are perfect enough.” – Melanie Jade
- “The truth is: Belonging starts with self-acceptance. Your level of belonging, in fact, can never be greater than your level of self-acceptance, because believing that you’re enough is what gives you the courage to be authentic, vulnerable and imperfect.” – Brene Brown
- “My breath catches when I reach the last page, the drawing of me. The girl I’m staring at is not me, but she is me. Her large eyes are focused away from the viewer, but there’s something in them I don’t immediately recognize: hope. Her posture looks straighter than mine, like she’s stronger, more resilient.” – Jasmine Warga
- “Accept that you are enough. You don’t need to be anything that you are not.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – A. A. Milne
- “Don’t dilute yourself for any person or any reason. You are enough! Be unapologetically you.” –Steve Maraboli
- “Man never made any material as resilient as the human spirit.” – Bernard Williams
- “It’s about waking up in the morning and saying: No matter what gets done and how much is done and how it’s done, I’m enough, and I’m worthy of belonging and love and joy.” – Brené Brown
- “You are offered a new opportunity with each breath to think, decide, choose and act differently ― in a way that supports you in being all you are capable of being. You are not less than. You are enough.” – Brittany Josephina
- “Accept that you are not perfect, but you are enough. And then start working on everything that destroys you. Your insecurities, your ego, your dark thoughts. You will see, in the end, you’re going to make peace with yourself.” – Finja Brandenburg
- “Stand for something. Make your life mean something. Start where you are with what you have. You are enough.” – Germany Kent
- “The heart is the place where we live our passions. It is frail and easily broken but wonderfully resilient. There is no point in trying to deceive the heart. It depends upon our honesty for its survival.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “And there’s only one way out of scarcity, and that is enoughness. At some point, we just need to say enough: I am enough. What I’m doing is enough.” – Brené Brown
- “You are my everlasting home. Don’t you ever be afraid. I am enough. We are enough.” – Sue Monk Kidd
- “I have learned that I am enough… I have learned that no one else can love me ― for me.” – Sabrina Ward Harrison
- “You are enough exactly as you are, whether you believe it or not.” – Pooja Ruprell
I Am Enough Quotes to Build Resilience
You will experience difficulties ― that’s a given because life is not a smooth sail for anyone. However, whether you get back up when life knocks you down depends on your resilience.
Grit and resilience are two important qualities that can get us through difficult situations. The key to developing these attributes is to believe that you are enough just as you are.
Remember these inspirational quotes whenever you’re caught in the storm of life. They will help you pull through.
- “I have willpower and determination. I am very resilient, like rock.” – Carnie Wilson
- “Life has tried to break me; the wounds have not yet healed. But I am not a victim, never been and never will be. My heart was born a warrior; each day, I’m fighting still. I am everything the darkness could not kill.” – John Mark Green
- “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “Sometimes it takes hitting that rock bottom to realize you’re done descending, and it’s time to rise. Sometimes it takes being told you’re nothing — being made to feel like you’re nothing — to help you see that you are complete. You. Are. Enough.” – Mandy Hale
- “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
- “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “The more obstacles you face and overcome, the more times you falter and get back on track, the more difficulties you struggle with and conquer, the more resiliency you will naturally develop. There is nothing that can hold you back if you are resilient.” – Jim Rohn
- “All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me. You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” – Walt Disney
- “No one’s life is a smooth sail; we all come into stormy weather. But it’s this adversity ― and more specifically our resilience ― that makes us strong and successful.” – Tony Robbins
- “Flexible in the face of change, resilient in the face of confusion. All of these attributes are choices, not talents, and all of them are available to you.” – Seth Godin
- “Free yourself emotionally ― to be emotionally resilient is the best defense against growing rigid.” – Deepak Chopra
- “Bamboo is flexible, bending with the wind but never breaking, capable of adapting to any circumstance. It suggests resilience, meaning that we have the ability to bounce back even from the most difficult times. Your ability to thrive depends, in the end, on your attitude to your life circumstances. Take everything in stride with grace, putting forth energy when it is needed, yet always staying calm inwardly.” – Ping Fu
- “When your world is in pieces, you can choose to see it as crumbling or building. Your attitude, resilience and determination mark the difference.” – Rita Zahara
- “The key to life is resilience. We will always be knocked down. It’s the getting up that counts.” –Dominique Browning
- “Persistence and resilience only come from having been given the chance to work through difficult problems.” – Gever Tulley
- “It is when you are confronted with uncertainty that you truly discover who you are. In that space is where growth and innovation thrive and where you learn that you are stronger and more resilient than you ever knew before.” – Hania Khuri-Trapper
- “Someone was hurt before you, wronged before you, hungry before you, frightened before you, beaten before you, humiliated before you, raped before you… yet, someone survived… You can do anything you choose to do.” – Maya Angelou
- “The human spirit is resilient and truth ― no matter how long you abuse it and how long you try to crush it ― will, as Dr. King would say, rise up again, and in the final analysis will prevail.” –Harry Belafonte
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
- “It will start to hurt less one day, I promise. You are enough. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise.” – Josephine Saint
- “No matter what your current condition, how or where you grew up, or what education or training you feel you lack, you can be successful in your chosen endeavor. It is spirit, fortitude, and hardiness that matter more than where you start.” – Jack Ma
- “I don’t give up. That makes me incredibly resilient or maybe stupid or just plain stubborn. Whichever.” – Destiny Booze
- “God allows and at times causes us to go through the kinds of circumstances that strip away all falsehood and leave us with our real selves. God’s ultimate intent is not to leave us faithless but to leave us faith-full. There are few things as exhilarating as going through the fire and finding that you had the resilience to make it through. All of us wonder at times whether we have what it takes. God wants to bring us to a place where we have no doubt of the work He has done within us.” – Erwin McManus
- “Obstacles, of course, are developmentally necessary: they teach kids strategy, patience, critical thinking, resilience and resourcefulness.” – Naomi Wolf
I Am Enough Quotes to Remind You of Your Worthiness
This is the important thing: you are not your situation, mistakes, or imperfections; your true worth isn’t tied to physical attributes. If you’re feeling unworthy, these good enough quotes will help shift your focus to what truly matters ― your true worth.
- “We often block our own blessings because we don’t feel inherently good enough or smart enough or pretty enough or worthy enough. You’re worthy because you are born and because you are here. Your being here, your being alive, makes worthiness your birthright. You alone are enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “You deserve to be the protagonist of your own wonderful, bizarre, terrifying little life. If you decide you are enough, you are enough. You don’t need to wait for some grand external validation of your worth before you offer your kindest heart to yourself.” – Kathy Brown
- “You can’t say it enough: Your skin is beautiful ― dark, light, in the middle, whatever. Brown is beautiful. Your hair is beautiful… Also, you are enough.” – Nicole Byer
- “Walk as if you are enough. Eat as if you are enough. See, look, listen as if you are enough. Because it’s true.” – Geneen Roth
- “Fully embrace the fact that you are enough just being you. It’s so important for women to champion each other instead of competing against each other. Believe in yourself and believe in all of the women in your life… imagine if we all supported one another?” – Lizzie Velasquez
- “Believing in our hearts that who we are is enough is the key to a more satisfying and balanced life.” – Ellen Sue Stern
- “You need not know what you are. Enough to know what you are not. What you are, you will never know, for every discovery reveals new dimensions to conquer. The unknown has no limits.” – Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
- “We are not animals. We are not a product of what has happened to us in our past. We have the power of choice.” – Stephen Covey
- “At the end of the day, darling, you are enough. You always have been. It may have taken you awhile to see that and to finally reach this place, but you have always been enough.” – Lacey Ramburger
- “If I could teach today’s young people one thing, it would be that you are enough, every day, the way you are. You are loved from the top of your head to the tips of your toes. You are an incredible creation; enjoy your own beauty.” – Molly Mahar
- “Because despite what you feel, you are not too much. You are not too sensitive or too needy. You are compassionate and kind. And with or without anyone’s acknowledgment or affection, you are enough.” – Daniell Koepke
- “Do not be afraid to show the world who you are and what you are capable of. You are always enough for the right people. All those who do not see how great you are, are not worth the bother.” – Dr Anil Kr Sinha