Indeed, this reality is generally true for most people, but it is even truer for those living and working in cities.
The hustle and bustle of modern life can take a toll on you, especially when you have to work approximately 40 hours or more every single week throughout the year.
No matter how hard you try to stay positive, subjecting your body and mind to that type of constant stress can weaken your resolve and make you slip into negativity, even if it is temporary.
Thankfully, you have the weekend to enjoy relief from the stress and rejuvenate your body and mind.
Whether you plan to spend your happy Saturday morning sleeping in, visiting friends, going to parties, or doing something you consider worthwhile, this Inspiration Happy Saturday Quotes collection can nudge you in the right direction so you can experience a wonderful weekend.
Who knows, you may even start eagerly looking forward to the weekends because something in these quotes strikes a chord, and you can’t wait to implement the exciting idea come Saturday!
Inspiration Happy Saturday Quotes: Practice Self-Love
- “Saturday is a day for the spa. Relax, indulge, enjoy, and love yourself, too.”– Ana Monnar
- “Your body tells you what it needs, and if you sleep past your alarm on a Saturday morning, it’s probably because you need the sleep.”– Sophia Bush
- “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place. Have a Happy Weekend.”– Nora Roberts
- “I told myself that I was going to live the rest of my life as if it were Saturday.”– Chip Gaines
- “Living up to ideals is like doing everyday work with your Sunday clothes on.”– Ed Howe
- “Men are simple things. They can survive a whole weekend with only three things: beer, boxer shorts, and batteries for the remote control.”– Diana Jordan
- “You know what I want to do? Wake up one weekend and not have to go anywhere and do nothing.”– Derek Jeter
- “Spend today doing nothing: let your mind wander; let nature entertain you; Let the stress go.”– Unknown
- “There are 365 days and 52 weekends in a year. Even if you are short on time off, you can still take weekend getaways. Does that count as a vacation? Of course it does.”– Anita Kaltenbaugh
- “Weekends don’t count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.”– Bill Watterson
- “If you find you are stressed out during the week, then it is even more important that you focus on what you want to do for the weekend, don’t bring work home.”– Kate Summers
- “The thing that I miss more than anything is doing Saturday morning telly. It was the best, best, best three years.”– Declan Donnelly
- “Oh, I just want what we all want: a comfortable couch, a nice beverage, a weekend of no distractions, and a book that will stop time, lift me out of my quotidian existence, and alter my thinking forever.”– Elizabeth Gilbert
- “I’m learning the power of going away for the weekend and keeping myself company.”– Zoe Saldana
- “I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.”– Audrey Hepburn
It’s Saturday! Kick back, take a deep breath, and relax. It is one of the best ways to practice self-love.
You don’t have to visit the most exquisite spa in town and spend a fortune just to practice self-love (although that’s not such a bad idea if you can afford it).
Here’s my point:
Self-love isn’t some complex psychology; neither does it have to be expensive to practice it. Self-love is simply taking actions that show deep appreciation for yourself.
It means looking after your body and mind and not pleasing others (including your employer) at the expense of your well-being.
If your calendar says it is Saturday, then it is time to pamper yourself – you deserve it!
Inspiration Happy Saturday Quotes: Do Something Worthwhile
- “I would rather die of passion than of boredom.”– Vincent van Gogh
- “Engage in tasks and hobbies that bring you joy, like reading a book or going for a run.”– Jeff Gunn
- “Your body constantly tells you what it needs, and if you wake up early on a Saturday morning, it is because the world is calling you to do something fun.”– Unknown
- “I still work weekends because I like it; I enjoy it. I just don’t care.”– Edgardo Osorio
- “Be in the habit of getting up bright and early on the weekends. Why waste such precious time in bed?”– Marilyn Vos Savant
- “Always strive to excel, but only on weekends.”– Richard Rorty
- “Spend some time this weekend on home improvement; improve your attitude toward your family.”– Bo Bennett
- “I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen on Saturday.” — Frank Lloyd Wright
- “Give a man a fish, and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish, and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.”– Zenna Schaffer
- “It’s the weekend. Do something that your future self will thank you for.”– Sean Patrick Flanery
- “Take the time to do what you love to do this weekend.”– Catherine Pulsifer
- “I either read or visit friends or go hiking or something like that.”– Troian Bellisario
- “Saturday night is perfect for writers because other people have plans.”– Mike Birbiglia
- “My Saturday morning attitude is a reflection of the rest of the week gone by. That’s why I always aim to end my week on a high note of accomplishment, a goal reached, or a person encouraged.”
- “Every day you put off your dream adventures is a day too late – Life’s short, live it now. Happy Weekend.”– Unknown
- “What can be better than to get out a book on Saturday afternoon and thrust all mundane considerations away till next week.” – C. S. Lewis
- “Old timers, weekends, and aeroplane landings are alike. If you can walk away from them, they’re successful.”– Casey Stengel
- “I signed up for theater school on Saturdays, and I’d go for four-and-a-half hours every Saturday morning and learn about theater.”– Eric Johnson
- “We were pushing the boundaries a bit of Saturday morning telly and trying new things.”–Declan Donnelly
- “Take a few minutes in the quiet of a Saturday afternoon to think about how you can make your work environment more amenable to conduct your tasks or projects more effectively.”– Byron Pulsifer
- “I like doing things where I can get dirty, work with my hands, and use power tools. Last weekend, I did some grouting.”– Nathan Fillion
- “I always wake up early Saturday morning, and I have a little bit more time.”– Ehud Olmert
This may sound counterintuitive, but doing something worthwhile on the weekend might even be more fulfilling than all the work you spend the entire weekdays doing.
Perhaps you don’t really enjoy the work you do during weekdays, but you have to put up with the humdrum, and it’s driving you nuts! But once it’s the weekend, you are free to do exactly what you love.
Why not give it everything you’ve got?
Of course, you can choose to lie in bed all day if that’s what you want.
But if something deep inside you nudges you out of bed, get up and heed the call. It might just be the only chance you have to live your dream that week.
Inspiration Happy Saturday Quotes: Practice Gratitude
- “Here comes Saturday morning. Let us welcome the first day of the weekend with a huge and massive smile. Happy weekend everyone!”– Unknown
- “Saturday is what gives us a weekend of enjoyment.”– Anthony T. Hincks.
- “Train your mind to see the good in everything this weekend. Positivity is a choice. The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.”– Unknown
- “It’s the weekend. Remember to count your rainbows instead of your thunderstorms.”– Unknown
- “On a lazy Saturday morning when you’re lying in bed, drifting in and out of sleep, there is a space where fantasy and reality become one.”– Lynn Johnston
- “I am always happy to meet my friend, and my friend is my weekend.”– Debasish Mridha
- “Without Saturday, Sunday would just be another day of the week.” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “Better days are coming. They are called Saturday and Sunday.”– Unknown
- “Saturday morning came, and all the summer world was bright and fresh, and brimming with life.”– Mark Twain
- “The only Happy END that I know: it’s the weekEND!”– Unknown
- “Happiness is not the absence of problems; it is the ability to deal with them. Have a very Happy Weekend!”– Steve Maraboli
- “Weekends don’t pay as well as weekdays, but at least there’s football.”– S. A. Sachs
- “Without the weekend, where would the week be?”– Anthony T. Hincks
I remember when I was growing up. Saturday was an opportunity for kids to have an escape from school and enjoy morning cartoons.
Of course there was more to it then that. But in my home we where rewarded with the precious privilege of spending the morning with messy hair to begin a blessed weekend. It was a mutual understanding with my parents that we wouldn’t fill the day with a complete waste of time.
In fact, our Saturday had a daily routine. After a tiring week we’d still get up at a normal waking hour and start that wonderful weekend without the feeling of time pressure. And before the morning sun was past we’d be stuck in our chores.
Yes, it was a day of happiness full of happy moments, beautiful moments, memorable moments.
- “Not only is it a day off of school, the following day is also a day off, like some kind of Super Saiyan bargain sale.” —Wataru Watari
It was the perfect opportunity to recalibrate from the weeks daily routine to a positive attitude and appreciation of the blessings of life.
And now. I believe with proper planning you can enjoy a peaceful weekend to begin with a clean slate.
If you want a happy life, a prosperous life, gratitude it a extremely important. It helps you adjust your frame of mind.
For example, not everyone has a job to go to from Monday to Friday. Sometimes, you simply don’t have enough time to be grateful for your job until you step back from the 9-to-5 grind or whatever your work hours are.
Saturdays are perfect for practicing gratitude.
No boss breathing down your neck, and no colleagues distracting you with workplace drama, petty arguments, and office gossip.
But your job is only one out of the hundreds of things you can be grateful for. This weekend, grab your copy of the TPC Gratitude Journal, add as many entries as you can, and watch how better you’ll feel about your life.
Inspiration Happy Saturday Quotes: Live in the Moment
- “I hope that your weekend is worth the wait. Enjoy!”– Unknown
- “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”– Rod Schmidt
- “We can draw lessons from the past, but we cannot live in it.”– Lyndon B. Johnson
- “I try to treat each evening and weekend as little slices of retirement because no one is guaranteed a lengthy one at the end of their career.”– Mike Hammar
- “Not for nothing is their motto TGIF – ‘Thank God It’s Friday.’ They live for the weekends, when they can go do what they really want to do.”– Richard Nelson Bolles
- “I work mostly during the week, and on the weekend, I get to hang out with friends, so it balances out pretty well.”– Jimmy Bennett
- “Always take some of the play, fun, freedom and wonder of the weekend into your week and your work.”– Rasheed Ogunlaru
- “Weekends are sacred for me. They’re the perfect time to relax and spend time with family and friends.”– Marcus Samuelsson
- “Every Saturday morning, when we are making breakfast, we twerk in the kitchen. It is so much fun.”– Tish Cyrus
- “The weekend is finally here with us; give it a warm welcome by allowing yourself a beautiful day of rest.”– Unknown
- “Unless it’s an emergency, don’t bother me after 6:00 p.m. and on weekends.”– Merv Griffin
- “The weekend is a time for no’s – no alarm clock, no rushing, no urgent phone calls, no working nights!”– Catherine Pulsifer
- “Life is like a road trip – enjoy each day and don’t carry too much baggage.”– Unknown
- “Middle age is when you’re sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings, and you hope it isn’t for you.”– Ogden Nash
- 26. “Weekends are like rainbows. They look great from a distance, but once you get up close to them, they start to disappear.” – John Shirley
- “Dear weekend, can you last a little while longer? I’m not quite ready to go back to work just yet.”– Unknown
- “Those who continue to work at a job they hate for the money alone are more likely to be stressed and very unhappy. They live for their vacations and weekends. Unfortunately, they are sadly missing out on the happiness of everyday life.”– Catherine Pulsifer
- “Make the most of this day! Laugh, love, read, live, love, learns, play dream, just be happy Saturday!”– Unknown
- “Why not try to relax your troubled mind by taking a walk in the park or going on a weekend hiking trip with family or friends and enjoy the view? It can surely do wonders for a tired mind and soul.”– E. L. Herndon
- “This weekend, don’t think about Monday, it will come soon enough.”– Robert Rivers
Sometimes, you want to spend the weekend trying out new things to inspire your soul. But at other times, it is best to simply bask in the present, milking and savoring each moment of your life for as long as you can.
Apart from lazing around your home, Saturdays are great for just forgetting about all the excess baggage that weighs down your soul. Can you imagine a week of school or work? That would crush even the most stoic of people.
Unfortunately, many people don’t get to enjoy their weekends because they don’t live in the moment.
They work very hard throughout the week, looking forward to the weekend. But when the weekend finally comes, they fixate on past worries and future fears until the weekend slips by.
Don’t make this mistake!
If you aren’t kicking back, doing something worthwhile, or practicing gratitude, I strongly suggest you spend your Saturday afternoon being present – also known as practicing mindfulness.
And here’s quote number 72. It is one of my all-time favorite Saturday Quotes by the Roman Poet, Pūblius Ovidius Nāsō, aka Ovid:
- “Take a rest this weekend; a field that has rested often gives a bountiful crop.”– Ovid
The week ahead won’t be as productive as it should if you don’t enjoy the week that has just ended!
So, as Shel Silverstein said, quote 73. “G’bye, I’m going out to play!” Have a lovely weekend!