Maintaining a positive outlook doesn’t mean being stubbornly unrealistic or looking at life through rose-colored glasses.
However, being negative or overly critical doesn’t get you anywhere either.
Striking a balance is important if you must make any headway in life, career, or relationships. And that’s where divine inspiration quotes can come in handy.
I’ve assembled these quotes to encourage and remind you that you’re more than your weaknesses, challenges, or any perceived flaws.
Read and assimilate these divine inspiration quotes and let them inspire you to become better.
Diving Inspiration Quotes: A Higher Power
- “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu
- “You start to live when you commit your life to a cause higher than yourself. You must learn to depend on divine power for the fulfillment of a higher calling.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
- “When we let go of what we think is best for us, we can receive what we truly need.” – Anthon St. Maarten
- “Mindfulness enables you to be an ‘observer’ of your thoughts and feelings rather than a victim of them. The chaos of mental activity has no purpose other than to make you a prisoner of its perpetual circle of craziness.” – Yesenia Chavan
- “We will never outrun the nagging of original divinely inspired purpose.” – T. F. Hodge
- “The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.” – Arthur C. Clarke
- “Nurture your mind with great thoughts. To believe in the heroic makes heroes.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “There is a divine grace available for you to accomplish far greater things than you could ever imagine nor dream of.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “You can accomplish far greater things when you depend on a divine power.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “The mind, like the sponge, can only put out what it takes in, and thus we have to be sure to soak up positive thinking in order to produce the positive results.” – Benjamin Chapin
- “Everyone shines, given the right lighting.” – Susan Cain
- “Always put positive thoughts into your subconscious mind to create the reality you want. (What you think is what you will receive.)” – Robert Rivers
- “Hold this rope while I dive into my soul; don’t even bother pulling it if I didn’t come up on my own.” – Ahmed Mostafa
- “It will be the positive people who feel the divine order in their lives.” – Ron Baratono
- “You have the innate power to discern that a presence is arising within you that is not the mind. The Divine is giving you a kiss from within. And even a lightly blown kiss from God will be enough to stir you into embarking upon the search for freedom. That kiss will set your heart on fire!” – Mooji
A positive outlook on life comes from a deep place within. We already have everything we will ever need to achieve our dreams if only we look to the source within.
This force within nudges us on, even when things look very bleak. Never give up, no matter the difficult situation.
Divine Inspirational Quotes: Overcoming Adversities
- “Mankind accepts good fortune as his due, but when bad occurs, he thinks it was aimed at him, done to him, a hex, a curse, a punishment by his deity for some transgression, as though his God were a petty storekeeper, counting up the day’s receipts.” – Sheri S. Tepper
- “Each of us experiences defeats in life. We can transform defeat into victory if we learn from life’s whuppings.” – Les Brown
- “Positive self-esteem consists in feeling, in experience, and in the conviction of being ready to face life.” – Pixie Walker
- “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.” – Dennis P. Kimbro
- “Don’t let the negativity given to you by the world disempower you. Instead, give to yourself that which empowers you.” – Les Brown
- “Optimism is the one quality more associated with success and happiness than any other.” – Brian Tracy
- “Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
- “A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, and it sparks extraordinary results.” – Wade Boggs
- “Happiness is not by chance, but by choice.” – Jim Rohn
- “I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself.” – Albert Einstein
- “Even in the most difficult circumstances, there is always something positive that can be taken away from the experience.” – Tony Robson
- “You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events.” – Joel Osteen
- “If you choose to walk in love and keep a positive, faith-filled focus, your trials will actually graduate you to a higher level of operative grace-life following that season.” – Patricia King
- “By the end of this, you’ll be able to handle the worst of situations, and you’ll realize that by learning to think positively, it can change your life.” – Armani Murphy
Being a positive thinker or having a positive attitude does not automatically mean you will never experience adversities.
Instead, the time and effort you put into becoming more positive can help you improve your self-esteem, boost your physical and mental health, and make you happier overall.
You will not be easily fazed by difficulties or cringe in self-defeat, even when you are going through the roughest times.
Speaking about rough times, you’ll need to prepare for them long before they come knocking. Here are some of the best divine inspiration quotes to help you plan better.
Divine Inspirational Quotes: Planning
- “Free will is our destiny, but so is divine intervention. How this will define our life journey is up to us. We either make wise choices for our highest good, or the Divine will make it for us.” – Anthon St. Maarten
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu
- “Everything we need to fulfill our true destiny always comes to us at the perfect time. But spiritual awareness is required to recognize those gifts and opportunities.” – Anthon St. Maarten
- “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
- “Nobody ever wrote down a plan to be broke, fat, lazy, or stupid. Those things are what happen when you don’t have a plan.” – Larry Winget
- “It’s not what you’ve got, it’s what you use, that makes a difference in how your life turns out.” – Zig Ziglar
- “The great thing in this world is not so much where you stand, as in what direction you are moving.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” – Babe Ruth
- “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffet
- “Those who have positive expectations experience positive results more often than those who have negative expectations. So it’s vital to make sure your perceptions are positive.” –Tony Dungy
- “Pure truth is everything. If you can reach for your dreams and aspirations from a place of pure truth and honesty, then life will find a way to guide you to where you are meant to be.” – Christine Evangelou
- “Instead of focusing on doubts, focus on the facts, and remain positive that you will control what you can, and resolve to deal honestly and straightforwardly with the things you can’t control.” – William Clark
Failing to plan is one of the quickest ways to not get anywhere! It’s like waiting for some form of “divine miracle” when you are not willing to lift a finger.
One of my favorite quotes from the movie “The Pursuit of Happyness” was from Chris Gardner Jr.’s lines:
‘One day, a man was drowning in the water. And a boat came by and said, “Do you need help?” He said, “No, thank you. God will save me.” Then another boat came by and said, “Do you need any help?” And he said, “No, thank you. God will save me.” Then he drowned, and he went to heaven. And he said, “God, why didn’t you save me?” And God said, “I sent you two big boats, you dummy.”
Bottom line: set out concrete plans and seize the opportunities to implement them if you want practical results from a life of positivity.
Divine Inspirational Quotes: Courage
- “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- “The miracle is not in what you lost, it’s in what you have left.” – T. D. Jakes
- “People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” – Rob Siltanen
- “When you have a positive mood, your brain also works faster because there is no hindrance to the transmission of data from one nerve to another.” – Philip Vang
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
- “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
- “Don’t worry about failures; worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Jack Canfield
- “You learn more from failure than from success. Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.” – Unknown
- “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Some men see things as they are and say why – I dream things that never were and say why not.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action.” – Dr. Henry Link
- “Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you.” – Walt Whitman
- “The greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing does nothing and has nothing.” – Bob Proctor
- “Speak less than you know; have more than you show.” – William Shakespeare
- “The only competition you will ever face is with your own ignorance.” – Bob Proctor
- “There simply is no substitute for having your own positive attitude.” – Gill Hasson
- “I knew that if I failed, I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.” – Jeff Bezos
- “The only thing worse than starting something and failing… is not starting something.” – Seth Godin
- “You’ll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point where you thought it was the end.” – Clay Stubbs
- “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
It takes courage and positive thinking to do what you truly want. Thankfully, being positive is not something that’s reserved for a select few or something that some people are born with.
Instead, positive thinking is a skill that anyone can learn and develop.
By learning positive thinking skills, you can maintain a more positive outlook and be more courageous, even in the face of temporary setbacks.
However, courage or being positive isn’t merely repeating a set of quotes or mantras to magically overcome difficulties. You need to recognize your weaknesses, accept them, and take practical steps to become better.
As Jimmy Dean puts it, “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”
This is why I’ve saved this quote from the Japanese Philosopher Ichiro Kishimi as my last piece of advice for you.
- “There is no need to go out of one’s way to be positive and affirm oneself. It’s not self-affirmation that we are concerned with, but self-acceptance.” – Ichiro Kishimi