You can’t be happy always, no matter how hard you try, because life is never meant to be smooth sailing. Disappointments and sadness are a normal part of living.
However, dwelling on the negatives isn’t going to get you far in life. It is okay to trip and stumble sometimes, and you might even fall flat on your face!
Learn from your mistakes or laugh at yourself if possible. But whatever you do, don’t stay down when life knocks you down. Get back up, dust yourself off and try again.
Life can be a bit easier if you don’t take yourself too seriously or sweat the small stuff. A more helpful approach is to focus more on the positives, live the best way you can, laugh more, and love deeply, even when your situation seems bleak.
I’ve compiled these Live Laugh Love quotes to help you maintain positivity. Consider bookmarking this page so you can return to it whenever you need to get your mojo back, especially during difficult times.
Live Laugh Love Quotes to Help You Seize the Moment
Inhabit your moments ― live each day fully ― because life is fleeting. Never postpone your happiness just because things aren’t looking great at this red-hot minute.
Here are some quotes to help you live, laugh, and love regardless of your current situation.
- “Live, laugh, love, every day to its fullest, for who knows, tomorrow, may not be.” – Shahrukh Khan
- “The way I see it, you have to take every chance you get because there may not be another one. You have to learn from your mistakes because nobody’s perfect. You have to laugh, love and live every day as if it’s your last.” – Mary-Kate Olsen
- “I love to laugh ― it’s the only way to live. Enjoy each day ― it’s not coming back again!” – Doris Day
- The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” – E. E. Cummings
- “Live. Love. Smile. Hug. Laugh. Dream. Do. Create. Have fun. Be intense. Be audacious. Be unreasonable. Act impeccably. Breathe. Be you. Be different.” – Brian Johnson
- “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
- “I decided to fly through the air and live in the sunlight and enjoy life as much as I could.” – Evel Knievel
- “That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Life is short. Make the most of it. Put God first. Love deeply. Forgive quickly. Laugh a lot. Find and live out your purpose.” – Nicky Gumbel
- “You have to have humor. If you don’t have humor and take yourself seriously, you’re dead in the water. You have to be jostled. I love it. You’ve gotta have a laugh. It’s better than working for a living.” – Anthony Hopkins
- “Live, love, laugh, leave a legacy.” – Stephen Covey
- “Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Laugh. Live loudly. Be avid. Learn a new thing. Be Yourself!” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It’s the best part of the day.” – George Allen, Sr.
- “When you’re positive, good things happen.” – Deep Roy
- “Live simply, dream big, be grateful, give love, laugh lots.” – Paulo Coelho
- “There’s no easy way to do this. So do it right: weep, laugh, watch, pray, love, live, give thanks and praise; comfort, mend, honor, and remember.” – Thomas Lynch
- “Live every moment, laugh every day, love beyond words.” – Sameer Attar
Live Laugh Love Quotes to Motivate You Into Action
Sometimes, we stop ourselves from taking action because we are waiting for “everything to fall into place.” But you already know that life doesn’t always work that way.
Often, you must make do with what’s available, and before long, things will begin to “take shape,” but not before you make the first move.
If you’re stuck in the “waiting” phase, here are a few quotes to motivate you into taking action without waiting any further.
- “Infuse your life with action. Don’t wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen yourself, right now, right down here on earth.” – Bradley Whitford
- “Live boldly. Laugh loudly. Love truly. Play as often as you can. Work as smart as you are able. Share your heart as deeply as you can reach.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “You do not find the happy life. You make it.” – Camilla Eyring Kimball
- “You make a life out of what you have, not what you’re missing.” – Kate Morton
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Kurt Cobain
- “Work like there is someone working twenty-four hours a day to take it away from you.” – Mark Cuban
- “No one is perfect ― that’s why pencils have erasers.” – Wolfgang Riebe
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
- “What constitutes success? She who has achieved success has lived well; laughed often and loved much; has gained the respect of little children; has filled her niche and accomplished her task; has left the world better than she found it; has always looked for the best in others and given the best she had.” – Bessie Anderson Stanley
- “Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.” – Rumi
- “We are limited, but we can push back the borders of our limitations.” – Stephen R. Covey
- “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “I was so in love with the idea of making people laugh for a living that I didn’t care what I had to do to get there. Or how much money I was going to make when I did get there.” – Ron White
- “Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.” – Zig Ziglar
- “In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact.” – Les Brown
Inspirational Live Laugh Love Quotes
Life will test you ― that’s a given. The good news is that others have successfully gone through similar situations, so you can look over their shoulder when you need a little inspiration.
The following quotes can be quite helpful when it seems there’s nothing much to be happy for or live for.
- “Keep your face to the sunshine, and you cannot see a shadow.” – Helen Keller
- “Laugh, love, dream, strive, smile, feel, joy, look, try, fail, read, walk, search, share, help, work, fun, learn, retry, sweat, cry, rest, wait, fear, hope, trust, pride… when we have lived all of these, our photography might stop being a record of what our camera sees and become an expression of what we as photographers feel.” – Steve Coleman
- “Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive.” – Deep Roy
- “You are what you think. So just think big, believe big, act big, work big, give big, forgive big, laugh big, love big, and live big.” – Andrew Carnegie
- “The world is too dangerous for anything but truth and too small for anything but love. We can never really love anybody with whom we never laugh. Love is in the giver, not the gift.” – William Sloane Coffin
- “Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us.” – Charles Bukowski
- “Fight less, cuddle more. Demand less, serve more. Text less, talk more. Criticize less, compliment more. Stress less, laugh more. Worry less, pray more. With each new day, find new ways to love each other even more.” – Dave Willis
- “Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine.” – Lord Byron
- “My prayer for the new year is that I may have the courage and the stamina to let Life happen to me, to accept its joys and successes, and to take in stride the learning that stretches us and the growing pains. Perhaps, to put it simply, my wish for the New Year is: may we love more, live more, laugh more. And so may you!” – Jean Hersey
- “Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.” – Johnny Depp
- “Life is just a bowl of cherries; don’t take it seriously, it’s mysterious. Life is just a bowl of cherries, so live and laugh and laugh at love, love a laugh, laugh and love.” – Bob Fosse
- “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Life is too short to be anything but real with the cast of characters God has placed in the story of your life. Love well, laugh often, and find your life in Christ. Don’t hide away or be a follower. Be the wonderful unique person God made you to be, and know that your purpose will always be best when defined by your faith in him.” – Karen Kingsbury
- “Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” – Mother Teresa
- “I see a funny guy who’s imperfect but has a great heart and no vanity when it comes to what he’ll do to get a laugh. I see a guy who loves his art and loves his family, and who is willing to live and die for both.” – Marlon Wayans
- “The person who can bring the spirit of laughter into a room is indeed blessed.” – Bennett Cerf
- “A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success.” – Joyce Brothers
- “I can think of no better way of redeeming this tragic world today than love and laughter. Too many of the young have forgotten how to laugh, and too many of the elders have forgotten how to love. Would not our lives be lightened if only we could all learn to laugh more easily at ourselves and to love one another?” – Theodore Hesburgh
- “Live well, learn plenty, laugh often, love much.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Friendship is a sacred possession. As air, water and sunshine to flowers, trees and verdure, so smiles, sympathy and love of friends to the daily life of man. To live, laugh, love one’s friends, and be loved by them is to bask in the sunshine of life.” – David O. McKay
- “A good laugh is sunshine in the house.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
- “Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you.” – Mary Lou Retton
- “Believe you can, and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.” – Kobe Bryant
- “You gotta live and learn so you can learn to live.” – Darius Rucker
- “The secret to living well and longer is: eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure.” – Tibetan Proverbs
- “Successful people live well, laugh often, and love much. They’ve filled a niche and accomplished tasks so as to leave the world better than they found it while looking for the best in others, and giving the best they have.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Need more inspiration? Check out this collection of Keep Pushing quotes and sayings to help get through tough times.