Power couples are extremely successful married couples or those in romantic relationships. However, you don’t necessarily have to be famous like Prince William and Kate Middleton or Jay-Z and Beyoncé to be considered a power couple.
You are a power couple if you support your partner’s individuality – allowing them to live their lives fully and separately – and still support and love them.
It is normal for people to look up to power couples as role models in terms of relationships. However, it is hard to give relationship advice if your current relationship is on the verge of collapse.
Here are 82 power couple quotes to help make your marriage or romantic relationship grow stronger.
Making Your Relationship/Marriage Work Quotes
- “Falling in love and having a relationship are two different things.” – Keanu Reeves
- “The extent to which two people in a relationship can bring up and resolve issues is a critical marker of the soundness of a relationship.” – Henry Cloud
- “Do what you did in the beginning of the relationship, and there won’t be an end.” – Anthony Robbins
- “It takes one person to forgive; it takes two people to be reunited.” – Lewis B. Smedes
- “What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are but how you deal with incompatibility.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “I’m not telling you it is going to be easy; I am telling you it is going to be worth it.” – Art Williams
- “Apologizing does not mean that you’re wrong and the other person is right. It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.” – Unknown
- “Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Assumptions are the termites of relationships.” – Henry Winkler
- “There is no challenge strong enough to destroy your marriage as long as you are both willing to stop fighting against each other and start fighting for each other.” – Dave Willis
- “The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.” – Carl Jung
- “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
- “What do we live for if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?” – George Eliot
- “Care is a state in which something does matter; it is the source of human tenderness.” – Rollo May
- “Three things I want in a relationship: Eyes that won’t cry, lips that won’t lie, and love that won’t die.” – Wiz Khalifa
- “No relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater.” – Sarah Dessen
- “There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.” – Bryant H. McGill
- “We have to recognize that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment, unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, persistence.” – Cornel West
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
- “A person isn’t who they are during the last conversation you had with them. They’re who they’ve been throughout your whole relationship.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
- “Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley
- “You can measure the happiness of a marriage by the number of scars that each partner carries on their tongues, earned from years of biting back angry words.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Treasure your relationships, not your possessions.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “Don’t marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can’t live without.” – James Dobson
- “If there is such a thing as a good marriage, it is because it resembles friendship rather than love.” – Michel de Montaigne
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.” – Donald Miller
- “When you’re in a relationship, and it’s good, even if nothing else in your life is right, you feel like your whole world is complete.” – Keith Sweat
- “You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Epicurus
- “You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.” – Julia Roberts
Power Couple Quotes for Improving Communication
A lack of communication can lead to insecurity in relationships, especially when partners spend little time together, as is common in a power couple relationship. Be open to honest communication and a good relationship with these famous quotes.
- “It is the things in common that make relationships enjoyable, but it is the little differences that make them interesting.” – Todd Ruthman
- “The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but to hold hands.” – Alexandra Penney
- “Trouble is part of your life, and if you don’t share it, you don’t give the person who loves you enough chance to love you enough.” – Dinah Shore
- “The relationship between husband and wife should be one of closest friends.” – B. R. Ambedkar
- “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” – David Tyson Gentry
- “When you don’t talk, there’s a lot of stuff that ends up not getting said.” – Catherine Gilbert Murdock
- “Before machines, the only form of entertainment people really had was relationships.” – Douglas Coupland
- “Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.” – Swedish Proverb
- “What love we’ve given, we’ll have forever. What love we fail to give will be lost for all eternity.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell
- “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard – they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
- “They do not love that do not show their love.” – William Shakespeare
I Love You Quotes for Power Couples
While you’re both busy chasing your careers, always remember to spice up your love life. Let the following love quotes remind you of what you share with your significant other in your loving relationship.
- “You’re my reflection; all I see is you.” – Justin Timberlake
- “Souls tend to go back to who feels like home.” – N. R. Heart
- “I exist in two places, here and where you are.” – Margaret Atwood
- “Who cares about the clouds when we’re together? Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.” – Dale Evans
- “We were together even when we were apart.” – Shannon A. Thompson
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
- “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Come grow old with me. The best is yet to be.” – William Wordsworth
- “For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.” – Stephanie Perkins
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
- “Love to me is someone telling me, ‘I want to be with you for the rest of my life, and if you needed me to, I’d jump out of a plane for you.’” – Jennifer Lopez
- “I was born when you kissed me. I died when you left me. I lived a few weeks while you loved me.” – Humphrey Bogart
- “There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Power Couple Quotes for Healthy Self-Esteem in Relationships
Power couples respect and support each other’s life paths. Ideally, there is no room for over-possessiveness, clinginess, or controlling behaviors in this type of relationship.
Here are some quotes and sayings to help ensure you and your partner maintain a healthy respect for each other as power couples.
- “If we are in a war of control, it is because we have no respect.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
- “Never above you. Never below you. Always beside you.” – Walter Winchell
- “Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, they’re yours; if they don’t, they never were.” – Richard Bach
- “Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” – Albert Camus
- “When it comes time to settle down, find someone who wants an equal partner.” – Sheryl Sandberg
- “Never love anybody that treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde
- “If he can’t handle you at your worst, then he does not deserve you at your best. Real love means seeing beyond the words spoken out of pain, and instead seeing a person’s soul.” –Shannon Alder
- “Relationships, marriages are ruined where one person continues to learn, develop and grow and the other person stands still.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “All that a husband or wife really wants is to be pitied a little, praised a little, and appreciated a little.” – Oliver Goldsmith
- “Love comes when manipulation stops; when you think more about the other person than about his or her reactions to you. When you dare to reveal yourself fully. When you dare to be vulnerable.” – Joyce Brothers
- “In any relationship in which two people become one, the end result is two half people.” –Wayne W. Dyer
- “It is not our purpose to become each other; it is to recognize each other, to learn to see the other and honor him for what he is.” – Hermann Hesse
- “He can’t read your mind. So take a moment to let him know how you really feel.” – Unknown
- “Remember that no relationship is a total waste of time. You can always learn something about yourself.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “Be sure it’s your real self you’re showing. Because it is your real self that needs to be loved.” – Daphne Rose Kingma
- “To know when to go away and when to come closer is the key to any lasting relationship.” – Doménico Cieri Estrada
- “We accept the love we think we deserve.” – Stephen Chbosky
- “The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness.” – Neale Donald Walsch
- “The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise, we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.” – Thomas Merton
- “The only real security is not in owning or possessing, not in demanding or expecting, not in hoping, even. Security in a relationship lies neither in looking back to what it was, nor forward to what it might be, but living in the present and accepting it as it is now.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- “In the end, there doesn’t have to be anyone who understands you. There just has to be someone who wants to.” – Robert Brault
- “When you buy something you don’t need, it ends up in the garage. It’s the same in a relationship.” – Don Miguel Ruiz
- “The most important ingredient we put into any relationship is not what we say or what we do, but what we are.” – Stephen R. Covey
- “Far too many people are looking for the right person, instead of trying to be the right person.” – Gloria Steinem
- “But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.” – Khalil Gibran
- “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” – Wayne Dyer
Falling in love and staying in love is hard; it is even more difficult if people look up to you as relationship role models.
Thankfully, these quotes can inspire you to live your best life while supporting your significant other.
If you like these power couple quotes, I invite you to check out these You Are Awesome quotes to help build your self-confidence and make you a better partner.