Constant everyday stress and negativity can throw us off balance, affecting our physical, emotional, and mental health. This is why it is crucial to look after yourself by protecting your energy.
In this post, I’ll share 14 Protect Your Energy quotes to help you stay focused on your goals and aspirations. In addition, I provide some practical steps for applying the insights from the quotes in everyday situations to shield you from negativity.
Why You Should Protect Your Energy
We are energy beings, constantly vibrating at varying speeds. A 2021 research concludes that everything ― both living and non-living ― vibrates and gives off energy at different frequencies.
But we don’t just give off energy; we absorb it, too!
In other words, energy from others can influence and affect you, especially those you spend a large chunk of your time with. This is why you must strive to shield your energy from negative influences.
Here are other specific ways protecting your energy helps your overall well-being:
- Safeguarding your energy helps you maintain a sense of inner balance and harmony. This way, you are better equipped to face life’s challenges with increased resilience.
- You are more likely to maintain a positive mindset when you protect your energy from negativity. With a predominantly positive mindset, your chances of attracting positive experiences are high.
- Being mindful of your energy levels means you prioritize your own happiness. This increases your ability to minimize toxic relationships that are emotionally draining.
- Protecting your energy trains your mind to focus on what’s important to you ― your goals, priorities, and important tasks. This sharpened focus often leads to increased productivity and achievement.
Protect Your Energy Quotes
Now that we’ve covered why you should protect your energy, here are some quotes to keep you focused on what’s more important in your life. I suggest you bookmark this page so you can easily return to it whenever you feel a drop in your energy level or feel like refocusing on your priorities.
- “It is your divine right and your spiritual duty to protect your energy field from unwanted influences. In the wise words of the Mahatma, do not allow anyone to walk through your mind with their dirty feet.” – Anthon St. Maarten
- “If you’ve been through trauma, you don’t need more drama, so surround yourself with those who bring you peace.” – Christy Ann Martine
- “Always beware of the people you allow in your energy space. Some might contaminate your energy to a point of no return. Meditate, stay prayed up.” – Mitta Xinindlu
- “Sometimes we just have to protect our own peace to enjoy ourselves” – Shaneika Marie
- “Protect your energy by releasing the expectations you have from people who’ve made it clear they’re unable to meet them.” – Yasmine Cheyenne
- “To protect your energy, it’s okay to cancel a commitment. It’s okay to not answer that call. It’s okay to change your mind. It’s okay to want to be alone. It’s okay to take a day off. It’s okay to do nothing. It’s okay to speak up. It’s okay to let go.” – Tiny Buddha on Twitter
- “Before you try to fix someone else’s vibe, make sure you’re not killing your own in the process. Protect your energy first.” – Vex King
- “Always say ‘my peace is more important,’ when you find yourself reacting to something that doesn’t deserve your energy.” – Idil Ahmed
- “Focus on an ocean of positives, not a puddle of negatives.” – Kevin Ansbro
- “Positive energy is your priceless life force. Protect it. Don’t allow people to draw from your reserves; select friends who recharge your energies … I’m not asking you to cut people out of your life, but I am asking you to invest your time with people who will push you to be your best. Winners love to see other people win.” – Chalene Johnson
- “Don’t entertain negative energy. Some situations will test your patience and try to make you overreact, overthink, and respond to things that don’t deserve your life force. Your attention is your power. Don’t feed what doesn’t add value to your life. Protect your energy.” – Idil Ahmed
- “Light attracts light. But sometimes, your light attracts moths, and your warmth attracts parasites. Protect your space and energy.” – Warsan Shire
- “I am a master at setting boundaries that protect my time, energy, creativity, and emotional well-being.” – Cheryl Richardson
- “Don’t allow people into your energy field on a regular basis that you wouldn’t want to be like yourself.” – Dawn Gluskin
Practical Steps for Protecting Your Energy
Now that you’ve seen my top 14 Protect Your Energy quotes, let’s get a bit more practical. How do you incorporate the wisdom of the quotes into your life?
Consider these 7 practical steps for shielding your energy in everyday situations.
1. Identify Potential Energy Drains
First, make time for self-reflection because that’s the most effective way to figure out the people or things that may drain your energy.
Think about the activities, environments, or relationships that consistently leave you feeling depleted. Once you can lay a finger on these energy drains, go ahead and limit or eliminate them from your life.
Keep in mind that this could mean cutting back on the time you spend with certain people or avoiding them completely.
2. Set Boundaries
Next, clearly define your limits and set boundaries that keep your potential energy drains out of your physical and mental space. Once you’re done, make sure to communicate those boundaries to others, especially those you interact with almost daily.
If something drains your energy or doesn’t align with your priorities, don’t hesitate to say no. And if someone doesn’t respect your boundaries, learn how to handle them in this guide.
3. Stay On Top of Your Media Consumption
One of the ways to stay positive in a negative world is by being aware of the type of media you feed your mind.
You can’t possibly stay positive for too long if you spend a chunk of your day exposed to negative information.
For this reason, you want to be aware of the media you consume, such as news, social media, and entertainment. You want to limit exposure to stressful content if you must shield yourself from negative energy.
You are more likely to maintain a higher vibration and a more positive outlook on life when you consciously choose inspiring content from uplifting podcasts, inspirational books, and other positive sources.
4. Practice Mindfulness
Ever wondered why many people aren’t aware when their energy is being compromised until it is almost depleted? The answer is simple: a lack of present-moment awareness.
Engage in mindfulness practices to cultivate present-moment awareness. This way, you can quickly recognize when someone or an activity messes with your energy.
I recommend adding one or more of the following mindfulness practices into your daily routine:
- Meditation (to center you)
- Deep breathing exercises (to release negativity)
- Grounding exercises (to restore your energy)
5. Hang Out With Uplifting People
Be intentional about the people you spend time with, especially during your free time. While you may not have a say about who shows up as your work colleague or classmate, you definitely have a choice about those you let into your life.
Seek relationships with people who uplift and inspire you, and limit contact with negative or energy-draining individuals as much as possible.
6. Practice Self-Care
Practicing self-care is another super important way to protect your energy. Unfortunately, many of us get caught up in our daily grind and worrying about other people that we hardly make time for ourselves.
Maintaining a healthy balance of energy is difficult if you spend all day caring for others without making time for your needs.
Every day, do at least one activity that replenishes your energy and promotes well-being. Prioritize reinvigorating activities like exercising, getting quality shut-eye, doing a hobby, or spending time in nature.
7. Manage Your Time Wisely
Energy draining isn’t limited to interacting with negative people alone. Though not inherently negative, some tasks can be very draining for you.
You want to mindfully allocate your time and energy to your daily activities. Focus on tasks that align with your goals and values, and delegate or eliminate those that drain you unnecessarily.
Setting aside time to disconnect from external stimuli ― think social media and TV ― and engage in introspection to reflect and recharge regularly is also helpful.
While having a few Protect Your Energy quotes up your sleeve is great and all, reading them alone won’t automatically shield you from a negative person or experiences. Go beyond merely reading; take the messages of the quotes to heart and actually put them into practice in your daily life.
Remember, protecting your energy level is not a one-off thing but an ongoing practice. This means you must cultivate the habit of continuously evaluating and adjusting your approach to maintain your well-being and ensure a positive energy flow and good vibes in your life.