No one ever attains any meaningful height without being knocked down a few times. Even toddlers fall many times before they master the simple act of walking.
You will fall flat on your face more than once! That’s a given.
However, getting back up is way more important than the number of times you trip and fall. The problem is, getting up can be challenging if you don’t have a healthy dose of motivation.
That’s why I’ve compiled these Rise up Quotes to help you spring back to your feet each time you fall or hit rock bottom.
You have two choices when life knocks you down and you go through tough times: You can pick yourself up and try again more intelligently or gripe about how unfair life is treating you.
The first choice empowers you, while the second leaves you feeling like a victim.
These inspiring quotes will empower and remind you that you are in the process of growing. When you keep that in mind, you won’t beat yourself up for falling or experiencing temporary setbacks and hard times.
Best Rise Up Quotes for Motivation
- “Rise up and be the best you can be because your world is waiting for you.” – Shalom
- “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
- “The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.” – Max Lerner
- “You can rise above any situation and achieve your dreams.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune, but great minds rise above them.” –Washington Irving
- “Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.” – Albert Einstein
- “Today, if anything is trying to hold you back, give no attention to it. Get your hopes up, get your faith up, look up, and get ready to rise up.” – Germany Kent
- “You ought to know how to rise above the trivialities of life, in which most people are found drowning themselves.” – D.T. Suzuki
- “You rise in your mind when you have ascended in your soul.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “The way for a young man to rise is to improve himself in every way he can, never suspecting that anybody wishes to hinder him.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “There is no passion to be found playing small ― in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela
- “To succeed, it is necessary to accept the world as it is and rise above it.” – Michael Korda
- “Tell your story to inspire other people to rise up and live their dreams.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Today, pick one strength and one weakness and hammer away at them with intense focus. Today, tomorrow, and the day after. Rise bit-by-bit, but rise!” – T Jay Taylor
- “It’s when ordinary people rise above the expectations and seize the opportunity that milestones truly are reached.” – Mike Huckabee
- “You will arise, so start by attempting to rise. Don’t give space for failure to erect local huts on your land; agree that you are constructing a global edifice there! Think possibility and be hopeful!” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “Do not judge me by my success. Judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” – Nelson Mandela
- “The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” – Elizabeth Kübler-Ross
- “Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.” – Nelson Mandela
- “When you fall down, rise up. When you fall again, rise up again. This is just a developmental process that makes a healthy baby become a successful man.” – Israelmore Ayivor
Inspirational Rise up Quotes
- “You rise up to the feats of the unstoppables every time you lift yourself back up after being thunderously knocked down.” – Hiral Nagda
- “Rise above the storm, and you will find the sunshine.” – Mario Fernandez
- “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
- “You can change direction if you feel like you have missed your way… Decide to do that now! Go back a little more and begin from where you missed it out! If only you are ready to rise again, you can make a right decision in that tight belly of the shark. Jonah did that earlier!” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “It’s always about rising up in every situation and launching it into a versatile starting point to your sky high future.” – Hiral Nagda
- “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.” – Bernice Johnson Reagon
- “Doubt yourself, and you doubt everything you see. Judge yourself, and you see judges everywhere. But if you listen to the sound of your own voice, you can rise above doubt and judgment.” – Nancy Lopez
- “Some people will just go with the flow of things and sway in life, while others will fight against the currents and go upstream to reach their destiny.” – Anthony Liccione
- “No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.” – Tony Robbins
- “Go through the raging sea, meet your knocked down self and look into your eyes. You will get the drill that you don’t belong here. And you will get back up to rise up like never before.” – Hiral Nagda
- “Rise above your circumstances, change the world one person at a time starting with you, and be the inspiration you’ve been searching for.” – Lindsay Stirling
- “Defeat is a temporal downfall.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
- “As long as there is life, there is potential; and as long as there is potential, there will be success! You will sprout again when cut down! You will rise again even when you fall!” – Israelmore Ayivor
Rise Up Quotes for Overcoming Adversities
- “All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me…. You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” – Walt Disney
- “We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Barbara De Angelis
- “When adversity strikes, that’s when you have to be the most calm. Take a step back, stay strong, stay grounded, and press on.” – LL Cool J.
- “Everything negative ― pressure, challenges ― is all an opportunity for me to rise.” – Kobe Bryant
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
- “It doesn’t matter if you fall down; everyone does. What matters is what you do next. You either stay down or rise up again. That’s what determines your strength.” – Nadine Sadaka Boulos
- “The world helps you to keep evolving and hope it’s for the better. You have to rise above all the tragedies in life. You have to grow, and if you stop growing, you are old.” – Hrithik Roshan
- “Persevere like a seed; even when people try to bury you, flourish.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “You bury me, I will raise as white seed; you burn me, I will raise as black ash.” – P. S. Jagadeesh Kumar
- “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less-than-perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” – Mark Victor Hansen
- “Setbacks and disappointments prepare you for greater success in life. Get ready to rise up out of the ashes. New levels are coming.” – Germany Kent
- “No matter how obstacles may ‘play’ you over the bar, you will be able to assume your shape when your passion is always intact. You will not burst!” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don’t try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human.” – Tony Robbins
- “In this week, I see such a picture of life, hard and joyful, pressed up together and sleeping in the same bed. They come knit together. The lines of pain run through the joy and remind us to go all in because life is short. The joy edges the pain and gives us a reason to rise.” – Anna White
- “When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray.” –Rumi