You’re probably reading this because everything seems to be falling apart in your life. Why does that happen, though?
Why do negative events tend to happen simultaneously? For example, when your health fails, your relationship will choose that period to crumble. And to crown it all, you lose your job!
Could it be fate, your unconscious attraction, or something else?
Whatever the reason, having a handful of supportive and inspirational quotes in your arsenal can help you deal with the situation.
In that regard, I have compiled some of the best When It Rains It Pours quotes to help you keep your head up when going through the rain storm of life.
Quotes for Shifting Your Perception of Failure
If we learn to look beyond the obvious, setbacks can lead to positive outcomes. As you probably already know, that’s easier said than done, especially when you’re neck-deep in a series of mishaps.
Let the following When It Rains It Pours quotes shift your focus to see setbacks for what they really are.
- “The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.” – Chinese Proverb
- “The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests.” – Epictetus
- “When you take risks, you learn that there will be times when you succeed, and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.” – Ellen DeGeneres
- “An entire sea of water can’t sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can’t put you down unless you allow it to get inside you.” – Goi Nasu
- “When it rains tribulation, it pours mercy. When you are drowning in the sea of difficulty, the lifeboat of ease comes to pull you out.” – Yusuf Hamza
- “Worry a little bit every day, and in a lifetime, you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything. ” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” – Denis Waitley
- “Most great people have achieved their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Don’t worry about failures; worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Jack Canfield
- “When it rains, it pours. But, when the sun shines, it’s worth the wait.” – Alan Young
- “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
- “Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you’re not innovating enough.” – Elon Musk
- “It always rains the hardest on the people who deserve the sun.” – Unknown
- “It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.” – Dave Barry
- “Without the frown of clouds and lightning, the vines would be burned by the smiling sun.” – Rumi
- “Only a select few can see the true beauty that lies behind what just might seem like a rainy day or a grey sky.” – Jessica M. Laar
Quotes for Developing Resilience
It takes plenty of grit and resilience to pull through when your world is crumbling all around you. Keep these When It Rains It Pours quotes in mind when things spiral out of control. They will help you persevere and come out stronger.
- “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong… I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.” – Jim Watkins
- “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” – Earl Nightingale
- “I don’t count my sit-ups. I only start counting when it starts hurting. When I feel pain, that’s when I start counting because that’s when it really counts.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Before something great happens, everything falls apart.” – Unknown
- “Everyone’s a believer when things are going fine. The real faith is when one becomes patient with tribulations.” – Yusuf Hamza
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “There are a lot of truths in this world. When it rains, it pours. It’s always darkest before the dawn. He who smelt it dealt it.” – Rob Thurman
- “All birds find shelter during a rain. But the eagle avoids rain by flying above the clouds. Problems are common; attitude makes the difference.” – Apj Abdul Kalam
- “Life has many ways of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once.” – Paulo Coelho
- “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Just when you’ve had enough, life gives you more. And just when you think it’s rained enough, it starts to pour.” – Unknown
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “Remember, even though the outside world might be raining, if you keep on smiling, the sun will soon show its face and smile back at you.” – Anna Lee
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
Quotes for Turning Rough Times Around
You can push against the rain or simply let it rain; either way, it won’t stop until it is over.
When things seem to be going against you, the best use of your time would be to find the silver lining in the situation and milk it!
Of course, dwelling on positive thoughts won’t magically turn the situation around, but it can help you think more rationally, be less reactive, and maintain a positive attitude. And that’s what these When It Rains It Pours quotes can help you achieve.
- “When it rains, it pours. Maybe the art of life is to convert tough times to great experiences: we can choose to hate the rain or dance in it.” – Joan Marques
- “The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton
- “Do not be angry with the rain; it simply does not know how to fall upwards.” – Vladimir Nabokov
- “No one escapes pain, fear, and suffering. Yet from pain can come wisdom, from fear can come courage, from suffering can come strength ― if we have the virtue of resilience.” – Eric Greitens
- “Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air, and you.” – Langston Hughes
- “You have to be able to accept failure to get better.” – Lebron James
- “When it rains, it pours, but soon the sun shines again. Stay positive. Better days are on their way.” – Unknown
- “It’s often said…. that when it rains, it pours. But did you know… that when it clears, you shine.” – Unknown
- “It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever, be dimmed.” – Doe Zantamata
- “It may sound strange, but many champions are made champions by setbacks.” – Bob Richards
- “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “You might say, ‘What a dreadful day,’ without realizing that the cold, the wind, and the rain or whatever condition you react to are not dreadful. They are as they are. What is dreadful is your reaction, your inner resistance to it, and the emotion that is created by that resistance.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Be strong now because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can’t rain forever.” – Unknown
- “Do not fear; the rain is only here to help you grow.” – Jennae Cecelia
Finally, I leave you with Mehmet Murat ildan’s famous quote about engaging your thoughts on a rainy day.
While the quote might be referring to a literal downpour, I invite you to pause whenever all hell breaks loose in your life and ponder your direction. You may need to retrace your steps and start over again, but this time, more intelligently.
- “You can’t escape the thoughts on a rainy day: In the spirit of the gloom, there is a talisman that keeps people from having fun and invites them to the world of thoughts!” – Mehmet Murat ildan