Do you know that the average human thinks over six thousand thoughts daily? Interestingly, around 80% of those thoughts are negative. And about 95% of our thoughts are in a loop – repeating over and over throughout the day.
Here’s how these stats connect with your goals.
It will be extremely difficult to reach your goals if most of your thoughts are negative and you continue to repeat them nearly 100% of the time.
This is where positive affirmations for shifting your thought patterns come into the picture.
You can use shifting affirmations to create the life you truly desire by doing the opposite of what your mind does – repeat positive thoughts over and over again.
But there’s one small problem: you can’t use a tool if you don’t have it, right? And beyond having the tool, you must firmly believe it is the right tool for accomplishing the task you set out to complete.
Fortunately, you are reading this post, and you’ll find 65 shifting affirmations that will serve as powerful tools for eliminating negative thinking patterns.
Regularly using these affirmations will help you overcome your fear of rejection and self-doubt and build the confidence required to pursue and achieve your goals.
I’ve compiled some of the most powerful shifting affirmations I know into this article. You don’t have to use all of them, though. As always, only pick and use the ones that completely resonate with you.
Remember that affirmations work if you believe the statements, so only choose what feels real to you. And just in case you prefer to write your own affirmations, I’ll briefly include a few pointers to help you with that. But first, let’s see how affirmations work.
How Shifting Affirmations Work
The term metaverse is gaining more traction in recent times, and for a good reason. It lets us communicate in ways we never thought possible. Think of shifting affirmations like a virtual-reality space or metaverse, where you can create and mold your desired reality before manifesting it in the real world.
Okay, I know this may sound too “out-there” for skeptics, and that’s perfectly okay. The metaverse is also unreal for folks who haven’t experienced it, but that doesn’t make it useless.
In a nutshell, shifting affirmations reprogram your thought patterns to bring about the life you truly want. It doesn’t matter what your current reality suggests; you can change your life if you don’t like how things are currently playing out.
That’s great news because it means you are in charge of your life. By shifting your predominant thoughts, you start to act in ways that lead to better results in your reality.
For example, if you’ve always struggled with low self-esteem and poor self-image, it will be difficult to seize opportunities because you think you are not worthy of them.
But when you shift those debilitating thoughts to something more empowering, your confidence level goes up, allowing you to put yourself out there at the risk of failure or criticism, and advocate for things you believe in.
Your behaviors and actions will change because you have successfully shifted your mindset using positive affirmations.
Writing and Using Affirmations
How to Write Positive Affirmations
There are many positive affirmations you can choose from in this article. However, it is okay if you want to write yours. Just make sure to follow these general guidelines:
- Ideally, affirmations should be short, positive statements. Avoid using can’t, don’t, or other negative phrases in affirmations. For example, write statements like, “I am healthy,” instead of, “I don’t want to fall ill.” Only affirm what you want, not what you don’t want.
- It is okay to type your affirmations on your computer, phone, or tablet. However, many people (including myself) find writing affirmations by hand creates a powerful connection to the statements.
- Write your positive statements in the present tense. For example, use “is” or “becoming” phrases instead of “will” phrases. Remember that you are shifting your current reality to what you prefer, so write as if you’re already living the reality you want. This helps reprogram your mind to think from the place of your preferred reality.
- Only write believable statements. Writing positive affirmations that are too out of touch with reality for you will hardly create the shift you want. For example, your mind will have a hard time internalizing, “I am extremely rich and famous,” if you are completely broke and don’t know where your next meal will come from.
- Start with “I am” phrases where applicable. This gives direct commands to your subconscious mind, helping you to speedily create the shift you want.
How to Use Affirmations to Shift Your Mindset and Reality
- Recite affirmations as often as you can. You can use affirmations when you wake up or before going to bed. However, consider using them throughout the day because the more you say and believe them, the quicker they can sink into your subconscious mind.
- Say your affirmations out loud if the situation permits. It is also okay to say them silently if you’re in a place where you can’t recite them aloud.
- Engage your emotions when repeating your affirmations. This is the key to shifting your mindset, energy, and eventually, your reality. Don’t just recite the words because you have to say them. Instead, say them because you mean them! Imagine yourself living the reality you want. Visualize the outcome you prefer as you say your affirmations.
- Repeat your affirmations every day. Consistency is essential when it comes to shifting your reality. You will hardly succeed in creating the shift you want if you are not consistent with repeating your affirmations.
- Let go of how and when you think things should start to take shape. There is no specific timeline for changes to happen. Give your undivided attention to being consistent with your practice and allow the shifting process to happen anyhow and anytime it is ready to happen.
“I Am” Shifting Affirmations
Some of my favorite affirmations are “I Am” affirmations. That’s because “I am” is a powerful creative phrase, so I use them when I want to bring about the change I want in my reality.
Here are some I am affirmations you might want to use if you’re looking to quickly shift your thought patterns from that of a victim to a creator.
- I am capable of shifting my reality.
- I am able to create amazing things in my life.
- I am capable of creating positive changes in my life.
- I am deserving of the person I wish to be.
- I am worthy of a happy life.
- I am a powerful creator, and I can do the things that create my desired reality.
- I am committed to creating my best life.
- I am always on the right path to manifesting my best life, regardless of my current reality.
- I am living an amazing life, and I love it.
- I am in charge of my thoughts and actions and constructively use them to shape my life.
- I am the creator of my reality.
- I am able to effortlessly shift my reality.
- I am shifting my thoughts and energy in this instant.
- I am worthy of every good thing I desire.
- I am in the process of becoming a better me.
- I am joyfully receiving all the good things I want.
- I am safe and secure, no matter what the situation suggests.
- I am ready to do greater things.
- I am choosing a new reality.
- I am shifting now!
Shifting Affirmations to Increase Your Gratitude
It can be difficult to maintain an attitude of gratitude when things aren’t going your way. However, by repeating a handful of the following affirmations, you’ll shift your energy from pessimism to optimism and from fearful, worrisome thoughts to a more thankful feeling.
- I see beauty radiating from everything around me.
- I choose to be thankful, joyful, optimistic, and loving.
- I am grateful for the unending opportunities I have every day.
- I see love, peace, and abundance all around me.
- I am becoming better physically, mentally, and emotionally.
- The cells of my body are intelligent; I am grateful for their work.
- My body is amazing, and I enjoy excellent health.
- I see the good in everything, and the good in everything comes to me.
- I am thankful for how my life is unfolding.
- I am excited about the current phase of my reality.
- I am living the life I desire.
- I am thankful for my achievements.
Shifting Affirmations to Help You Embrace Growth
Reaching for your goals requires stepping out of your comfort zone and stretching yourself beyond your perceived limitations. As you probably experienced first-hand, leaving your comfort zone is easier said than done.
Thankfully, repeating and firmly believing the following affirmations can easily open you up to positive changes, even if that means feeling temporary discomfort. After all, growth can be uncomfortable, but the rewards are worth the pain.
- I am open to positive change in my life.
- I welcome growth and positivity into my life.
- Every day and in many ways, I am learning and growing.
- I know exactly what I want and am worthy of receiving it.
- My current situation is bringing me closer to the reality I want.
- I am committed to creating an amazing life for myself.
- There is a lesson for me in this situation.
- Every day and in every way, I am becoming a better person.
- I choose to be happy, regardless of my situation.
- Everything happens for my greater good.
- My path is perfect.
- I make consistent progress every day.
- I embrace a growth mindset.
Shifting Affirmations to Build Confidence
You can hardly work toward achieving your goals if you lack self-confidence. Use the following affirmations to shift from negative to positive energy whenever you experience self-doubt or feel a wave of imposter syndrome sweeping over you.
- I can think it, so I can have it.
- I can be, do, and have whatever I set my mind to.
- I am capable of making my dreams come true.
- I strongly believe in my gifts, talents, and abilities.
- I can make a difference in the world.
- The universe helps me to achieve my desired reality.
- I am powerful. I am courageous. I am strong.
- I am confident that good things are coming to me.
- I have complete faith in myself, and I know I am becoming successful.
- Nothing is too difficult or impossible for me to do.
- I believe in my abilities.
- My opinion matters; I am valuable.
- I am whole and more than enough.
- I trust my intuition.
- I am confident that the best path is opening up for me.
- I am worthy of receiving the best.
- I am proud of myself and how my life is unfolding.
- I believe in my ability to become as successful as I want.
- I am confident about making changes in my life.
- I am determined to be who I know I can be.
Shifting affirmations redirect your focus from your perceived weaknesses to your inborn strengths and capabilities.
By repeating them as often as possible, you reprogram your inner chatter and increase your chances of achieving your goals. But most of all, internalizing these positive affirmations improves your self-image and helps you take charge of your thought patterns.
And while we are still on the subject of affirmations, here’s a collection of powerful affirmations you can teach your kids. Exposing children to this knowledge from an early stage will help them sidestep most of the negative experiences we had as adults.