Why does it seem like all hell breaks loose whenever you set out to accomplish something important? Is life unfair or cruel to you?
The truth is, it happens to us all! No “unseen force” is rooting against you, even if it feels that way. If you’re feeling discouraged, these You’ve Got This Quotes will inspire you to never give up no matter what.
Indeed, when it rains, it pours, but that doesn’t mean you are bound to fail. There is always light at the end of the tunnel, so keep pushing. Trust me; it will be well worth it in the end.
Is It Normal to Feel Discouraged?
Although it can get in the way of your normal activities, discouragement is a normal emotion and is inevitable.
Even the greatest motivators and energetic people you know or hear of feel discouraged occasionally.
However, the trick is to never give up when challenges come between you and your goals. History has shown time and again that the most successful people are those who refuse to be discouraged.
You must keep moving in the direction of what you want, even if it means making a 180-degree turn. And yes, moving in the direction of your goals can sometimes mean completely overhauling your plans and strategies. The most important thing is that you don’t stop working toward what you are looking to achieve.
Remember, you’ve got this!
Tell yourself that as often as possible until you firmly believe it and can keep your motivation. Once you develop this mindset, even the worst of times can’t stop you from reaching your goals and success.
You’ve Got This Quotes to Keep You Going
- “Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You got to keep going.” – Chantal Sutherland
- “You simply have to put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Put blinders on and plow right ahead.” – George Lucas
- “I always tell my kids if you lay down, people will step over you. But if you keep scrambling, if you keep going, someone will always, always give you a hand. Always. But you gotta keep dancing, you gotta keep your feet moving.” – Morgan Freeman
- “To have faith doesn’t mean you get any less frustrated when you don’t do your best, but you know that it’s not life and death. Take what you’re given, and when you continue to work hard, you will see results. That will give you the confidence you need to keep going.” – Tom Lehman
- “You just do it. You force yourself to get up. You force yourself to put one foot before the other, and God damn it, you refuse to let it get to you. You fight. You cry. You curse. Then you go about the business of living. That’s how I’ve done it. There’s no other way.” – Elizabeth Taylor
- “If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run, then walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Keep going and keep believing and do what makes you feel good. And when you feel good and get to the point where no one can take that from you, then that feeling will be the best feeling.” – NikkieTutorials
- “Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.” – George Whitefield
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
- “What’s done is done. What’s gone is gone. One of life’s lessons is always moving on. It’s okay to look back to see how far you’ve come but keep moving forward.” – Roy T. Bennett
What to Do When You Feel Discouraged
Sometimes, reading inspirational quotes alone won’t lift your spirits. And it is not because the messages in the quotes aren’t powerful enough, but you’re simply not in sync with them at the moment.
Here are a few things I suggest doing if you still feel down after reading the above You’ve Got This Quotes.
Stop Comparing Yourself to Others
In theory, self-comparison may motivate and drive you to improve your life. But self-comparison is a double-edged sword; in many cases, it does more harm than good.
As you may already experience firsthand, instead of inspiring self-improvement, comparing yourself to others often leads to jealousy, envy, or feeling inadequate.
Sometimes, your suffering is magnified by focusing on someone else’s progress. Recognize that you’re slipping into unnecessary comparison whenever you catch yourself thinking, “Why are things working out for others but not me?”
You don’t know another person’s life goals, nor should you concern yourself with their life journey.
You will reduce your suffering and overcome discouragement if you focus on your goals and journey, regardless of what others are doing or not doing.
Surround Yourself With Positivity
From spending time with empowering people to reading uplifting books and your favorite quotes, there are many ways to bring positivity into your life and get over discouraging thoughts and feelings.
Feed your mind with positivity as often as possible. If you don’t feel energized after reading encouraging quotes, try listening to uplifting podcasts or hanging around people and loved ones who motivate you to be your best version.
Okay, telling you to keep going and slow down in the same breath sounds contradictory, but hear me out on this.
Perhaps you feel discouraged because you’re pushing yourself too hard. And by that, I mean not taking time to recognize and acknowledge your progress.
Like most self-driven people, you have lofty goals and want to check them off your list as quickly as possible.
But taking a break occasionally is healthy, especially when you feel overwhelmed or discouraged. Slowing down allows you to rest and refuel for the journey ahead.
It doesn’t mean you are giving up in any way! If anything, it means you are taking care of your body and mind to enable you to continue your journey.
Here are two of my go-to practices for slowing:
- Gratitude: Make a list of your accomplishments and achievements. Reflect on them, and you’ll see how far you’ve come. If you made it this far, you will definitely overcome whatever hurdles are currently in your way.
- Meditate: Practice quieting down your worrying, doubtful, and discouraging thoughts. It will help you re-center yourself and re-focus your energy. You can do this at home, work, or wherever you find a private place where you won’t be disturbed for a few minutes. Read this guide to learn more about meditation.
Hopefully, these You’ve Got This Quotes will inspire you to push past whatever obstacles are before you.
It is okay if you don’t feel at the top of your game all day, every day. Feeling that way doesn’t mean you are inadequate; it is your cue to refuel.
That’s why I recommend bookmarking this page so you can easily return to it whenever you need encouragement to keep going.