You are amazing! We all are, regardless of realities suggesting otherwise. Underneath the pain, flaws, and fear is your real worth that can never be diminished.
Daily stressors can make you forget this fact, and that’s okay. One way to remind yourself of your unconditional human worth is to have some inspiring You’re Amazing quotes handy.
Keeping these inspiring quotes in mind can help you maintain a positive outlook on life, no matter what you go through. I’ll also share a few tips on how to stay a positive and amazing person in a negative world.
The Benefits of Staying Positive
Does positivity have any tangible impact on life, or is it a myopic way to approach life? Is being happy and generally cheerful a naïve way to live?
Positivity has many science-backed benefits, and adopting it doesn’t make you gullible in any way, nor is it a head-in-the-sand approach to life.
A recent study of data on over 70,000 women between 2004 and 2012 links positive attitudes (such as optimism) to reduced risks of dying from stroke, cancer, infection, heart disease, and respiratory diseases. Several other studies suggest that optimism and positive thinking may provide the following benefits:
- Lower rates of distress and depression
- Increased resistance to stress, hardship, and illnesses
- Increased life span
- Better physical and psychological well-being
- Better quality of life and higher energy levels
- Faster recovery from illnesses and injuries
Additionally, extensive research shows that positivity precedes success. In other words, being successful doesn’t make one happy, but focusing on positivity and maintaining a generally happy disposition leads to success.
In a nutshell, maintaining positivity is beneficial on more than one level. While focusing on your flaws and negativity around you is easy, focusing on the good positively impacts your overall well-being.
And it all starts by realizing that you are amazing!
You’re Amazing Quotes: Embrace Your Uniqueness
- “Never be afraid of being yourself. Be different; be unique; be a mystery. Always remember that unique people are the ones who changed history.” – Mouloud Benzadi
- “The best thing about being who you really are is that you simply cannot fail! Be you, be awesome and live awesomely.” – Ricardo Housham
- “You are amazing. And the more you recognize that, the more wonderful, caring, compassionate, powerful, beautiful, attractive, giving, genuine, wise, open, receptive, loving, brilliant, strong, joyous, courageous, inspired, inspiring, and amazing you become.” – M. J. Schrader
- “Being perfect is a state of mind. As long as you strive to be perfect, you will never achieve it. But once you feel content with who you are, you will realize that you have been perfect all along.” – Sandra Cooze
- “You’re an original, an individual, a masterpiece. Celebrate that; don’t let your uniqueness make you shy. Don’t be someone other than the wonder you are. Every star is important to the sky.” – Douglas Pagels
- “Dear YOU, don’t compare yourself to ANYONE. Your Unique Self is empowered, powerful, and unstoppable! Your uniqueness is what makes you incomparable! Don’t underestimate the beauty of just being YOU.” – Stephanie Lahart
You’re Amazing Quotes: You Matter, No Matter What!
- “If you’re struggling today, remember that life is worth living and believe that the best is yet to come. Remember that you are loved, you matter, and never forget that there is always hope.” – Germany Kent
- “You are amazing simply for hanging in there and holding on, no matter how hard things get! And for moving forward no matter how scared you are or how anxious you feel. Yep, you are awesome.” – Karen Salmansohn
- “Don’t allow other people’s opinions to dictate who you are supposed to be. Look within yourself and discover the amazingly unique, beautiful and strong person you actually are.” – Sandra Cooze
- “Take a look at yourself. You are a unique person created for a specific purpose. Your gifts matter. Your story matters. Your dreams matter. You matter.” – Michael Oher
- “No matter what age you are or what your circumstances might be, you are special, and you still have something unique to offer. Your life, because of who you are, has meaning.” – Barbara De Angelis
Ideas for Staying Positive
Reading great life quotes is one way to keep your focus on positivity, and I suggest you create time to do so as often as you can.
Additionally, take your quest for positivity a step further with these practical steps.
1. Begin Each Day With Positive Rituals
The morning hours are a great time to set the tone for the rest of the day. I strongly recommend creating and practicing a couple of positive rituals every morning.
Here are a few you can try:
- Repeat positive affirmations in the morning to program your mind and help narrow your focus on opportunities that present throughout the day. Whatever affirmations you choose, remember to firmly believe the words as you say them.
- Spend a few minutes in meditation. This practice helps you empty your mind of worries as you focus on your breath.
- Close your eyes and visualize the desired results, ensuring you feel as if you already have the desired outcome.
For more ideas, check out these morning habits of high performers.
2. Train Your Mind to Find the Good in Every Situation
One of the best ways to develop a predominantly positive mindset is to be deliberate about seeing the good in every situation, especially unpleasant ones.
Easier said than done, I know.
But with practice ― starting with little things ― you’ll get better.
For example, instead of being upset when you’re stuck in traffic, take the time to appreciate how great it is to have a car.
And when you genuinely cannot find something good in a terrible situation, you can shift your focus to other blessings in your life.
3. Make Humor a Part of Your Everyday Life
Want to significantly cut down your stress levels? Laugh at life!
Seek humor in your daily life, particularly when things aren’t going as you hoped. In fact, it is okay to laugh at your mistakes because it frees you from the guilt that can keep you trapped in the past.
Besides improving coping skills for stressful situations, laughter is a mood booster. That means you are less likely to feel anxious or depressed when faced with daily stressors.
Of course, laughter or smiling won’t make a difficult situation go away, but it can make it a bit less difficult.
Put on a smile when you feel stressed, unmotivated, or generally negative. Even if it means forcing it, just keep smiling for several seconds. It won’t be long before you burst into a hearty laugh, eventually lowering your stress and improving your mood.
4. Spend Time With Amazing People
Positivity is contagious, which is why it makes sense to spend time with others who think they are amazing like you.
You need all the support you can get to pull through when life throws you a curveball. However, if you always hang around negative people, it can affect your ability to cope with stress in healthy ways. For this reason, it is best to avoid pessimistic people as much as possible.
If your current friends are predominantly negative, make a conscious effort to seek out more positive individuals and spend time with them as often as possible. They will help you stay positive, maintain focus, and increase your chances of smashing your goals.
5. Keep a Gratitude Journal
Make a list of the things you are grateful for every day or as often as possible. Keeping a gratitude journal is an effective way to improve your sense of well-being and increase optimism.
Don’t overthink the process; simply write down whatever comes to mind, whether big or small, repeated items or new ones.
But beyond the mere act of writing, be truly grateful for whatever you write in your journal. And whenever you struggle to come up with something to write, you can review your list and immerse yourself in the energy of appreciation for the blessings in your life.
6. Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
The mind is intricately connected to the body, so your physical states can affect your thoughts, feelings, and mood. This is why an active lifestyle can improve mental states, while a sedentary lifestyle is associated with chronic stress, anxiety, and depression.
Consider exercising on most days of the week, even if you can only do so for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Your amazing self deserves the best treatment, so make sure to follow a healthy diet, get enough sleep, and practice regular self-care to keep your mind and body in great shape.
Remember that your life will be as happy or stressful as the quality of your predominant thoughts.
Developing a positive mindset ultimately results in a happier life, and you can do that by internalizing the above You’re Amazing quotes and implementing the tips for staying positive.